Welcome to Rick Hickmann Art Glass!

I hope to share with you my love of stained glass. I view my glass work as an art form so every design is my own creation and I do not repeat designs in my windows. I enjoy the challenge of creating a work that becomes a part of the personality of the clients and also fits in with the interior decorating. Feel free to make comments, ask questions, or critique any of my postings. If you click on the slideshow to the right you can view the pictures in a larger format.
Contact me at;
rlhickmann@bendbroadband.com or rhickmann@hotmail.com ;please put stained glass in the subject.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hyde's Window


Robert and Danielle Hyde residence 2006


"In fall 2006 we had just finished a major renovation and remodel on our 35 year old Bend residence. The last thing we needed was a focus for our entry- we wanted beveled glass but a pattern that would combine the Tuscan feel or our new home with the 70's feel of our old home. We worked with Rick for several weeks- gave him our ideas and let him go with his own intereptation of design. This was hard for my architect husband but ultimately the best way since Rick came up with a design that captured the essence of our home. It is the first thing you see and sets the tone not only for the entry but for the house as a whole. The window Rick designed and built is the last thing we see when we leave our home and the first thing we see when we enter our home and it brings us joy each and every time!"


Danielle Hyde

No comments: